Duomo Cathedral and its Rooftops and Optional Hop-on-Hop-off ticket
2 Hrs 30 Mins
The Tour will start with a description of the façade, your licensed English-speaking tour guide will give you an entertaining introduction to the monument. Then, you will enter inside the Duomo and, while walking through naves, you will not only get to know the history of the church, but also to the history of the city and Italy. From the artistic and architectural features of the building, to its countless statues and stained glass windows, but also to its many secrets and legends!
The second part of the tour will take you to the elevator’s entrance, and you will head up to the steepest part of the Cathedral’s stairs to reach the first terrace, saving you from 200 strenuous steps! The roof isa system of sloping and accessible terraces, with connecting walkways and stairs. This allows you to reach and almost touch all the flying buttresses, crockets, spires and statues. See the breathtaking skyline of Milan as you walk through them.
Your guide will point out all the buildings that you can admire from the top, such as
the dome of the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, the San Siro Stadium, the Martini’s Terrace, the new modern district of Milan,…), while witnessing the life of the city in constant movement and evolution.
Add the two-day optional Hop-on Hop-off ticket for a city exploration experience aboard panoramic buses.
Live a memorable experience walking through the naves of the DUOMO CATHEDRAL, one of the largest churches in the world and the true symbol of the city of Milan, together with the chance to climb up to ITS ROOFTOPS and enjoy a fantastic panoramic view over Milan, and beyond, if the weather is right, to the distant “ring” of Alps surrounding the city. Enjoy an amazing and unique experience (no other church in the world offers this opportunity) walking on the rooftops of the majestic Duomo Cathedral, after having visited the inside: it’s definitely worth the Tour!
Experience priority access to the Duomo and its Rooftop, and enhance your visit with an optional two-day hop-on hop-off ticket.
- Statues (more than any other Cathedral in the world), spires and gargoyles
- Colourful stained glass windows, monumental altars and tombs
- Holy relics and enthralling rituals
- The possibility to “touch and enter inside” the style of the Duomo
- An exciting breathtaking skyline of Milan
- A unique experience: walk on the roof of the church
- A stunning atmosphere.
- Dress code: Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter the Cathedral;
- On a hot day wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun;
- The staircase to reach the highest terrace is particularly narrow and with smooth marble: use comfortable shoes, preferably with rubber sole.
- Walking tour.
- The rooftops are not accessible to people with disabilities.
- Prams & strollers are not allowed on the rooftops.
- On the terraces there are neither toilet facilities, nor coffee bars: bring water with you.
- Food & Drinks are not included.
- In the unlikely case of excessive bad weather, the terrace may be closed for safety reasons: in this case the ticket will be refunded.
- The hop on hop off ticket lasts for 2 days from the first use (if option selected)
-Legally licensed English-speaking Tour Guide
-Smaller groups: interact with your own Guide
-No queues: skip-the-line and access guaranteed to Duomo Cathedral and Duomo Rooftops, confortable and fast elevator for the most steep stretch to the top
-Personal audio headsets provided (over 5 participants)
-2 days Hop on Hop off ticket (if option selected)
-What to do in Milan: tips and suggestions for your stay in the city. No bad surprises: the price is “all inclusive”.
Electronic voucher accepted
Piazza del Duomo n.4 (under the arches in front of 12OZ Coffee Joint)