A charming cruise, through nine swing bridges and five locks real “water lifts”, allowing the descending of an almost 10-metre high water slope between Padua and Venice.
- Villa Pisani – Stra
- Villa Widmann or Barchessa Valmarana – Mira
- Villa Gradenigo – Oriago
- Villa Foscari – Malcontenta
The Burchiello was a typical Venetian barge, finely wrought and decorated, used to transport passengers and equipped with a wide wooden cabin, and three or four balconies. The Burchiello was used by the richest classes of Venice to reach the city from their villas in the countryside.
Today the Burchiello is a modern and comfortable boat, equipped with a cabin and comfortable sofas, air-conditioning, a bar and toilets, and a panoramic deck that offers passengers a full view around.
- 8.00 am: embarkation in Padua at the historical 1500’s Burchiello’s Stairway at Portello, ancient river port of the city and cruise towards Venice;
- Cruising along the original course of the old Venetian burchielli of the 18th century, passing in front of the gorgeous and suggestive Villa Giovanelli at Noventa Padovana;
- Passing through Noventa Padovana and Stra Locks with descent of the water level;
- 9.20 am: arrival in Stra and internal guided tour of Villa Pisani;
- Embarkation and navigation towards Dolo with illustration during the cruise of the different Villas seen from the river;
- Passing through Dolo Lock with descent of the water level;
- The Cruise continues towards Mira, amongst villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
- Passing through Mira Lock with descent of the water level;
- Stop at Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana for the internal guided tour;
- Embarkation and cruise towards Oriago;
- Arrival in Oriago for lunch break at the restaurant “Il Burchiello”; optional lunch or free time;
- Cruising continues towards Malcontenta, amongst villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
- Arrival in Malcontenta and stop at Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta for the internal guided tour;
- 4.30 pm: cruising continues towards Moranzani; arrival and passing through Moranzani Lock with water level descent;
- Cruising to Venice with arrival to San Marco, Riva degli Schiavoni, on the landing stage “San Zaccaria A”, around 5.30 pm.
Included Services and E
- Entrance fees to the Villas are included
- The lunch will take place at the restaurant “Il Burchiello” in Oriago, a famous seafood restaurant of the “Buon Ricordo” circuit. There are two options:
– the € 22,00 “Casanova” lunch (optional- not included)
– the € 29,00 “Goldoni” full lunch (optional – not included)
- The transport of animals is not allowed, unless they are kept in a pet carrier.
- Luggage transport is not allowed, unless for small hand luggage, allowed upon request.
- The use of any photo materials inside the Villas is not allowed.
Porta Portello, Padova
Be the first to leave a review.