I Battelli del Brenta (boats of the Brenta river) provide enjoyable guided public cruises, from Venice to Padua or viceversa, along the Brenta, visiting some of the Venetian Villas, summer residences of the 18th century, with stops at the monumental palaces with its legendary frescoes.
- Moranzani Lock andf Villa Foscari
- Villa Widmann
- Villa Barchessa Valmarana
- Dolo Locks – Villa Pisani
- Noventa Padovana Locks
- Burchiello’s Starway at Portello
The Burchiello was a typical Venetian barge, finely wrought and decorated, used to transport passengers and equipped with a wide wooden cabin, and three or four balconies. The Burchiello was used by the richest classes of Venice to reach the city from their villas in the countryside.
Today the Burchiello is a modern and comfortable boat, equipped with a cabin and comfortable sofas, air-conditioning, a bar and toilets, and a panoramic deck that offers passengers a full view around.
- 8.50 am: meeting with our guide in Venice – Riva degli Schiavoni, on the landing stage “Pontile San Zaccaria A”, in front of the Pietà Church (Chiesa della Pietà);
- 9.00 am: embarkation and cruise towards the Brenta Riviera; presentation of the various Villas seen from the river;
- Arrival in Fusina and navigation towards Brenta Riviera;
- Passing through the Moranzani Lock with rising of the water level;
- 10.30 am: stop at Malcontenta for the internal guided tour of Villa Foscari called “La Malcontenta”;
- Cruising continues between villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
- Arrival in Oriago and stop for the lunch at the restaurant “Il Burchiello”; optional lunch or free time;
- After lunch, embarkation and cruise to Mira; stop for the internal guided tour of Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana;
- The Cruise continues between villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
- Passing through the Mira and Dolo Locks with rising of the water level;
- Arrival in Stra and stop for the internal guided tour of Villa Pisani;
- 5.30 pm: embarkation and cruise; passing through Stra and Noventa Padovana Locks with rising of the water level;
- Cruise along the course of the old Venetian burchielli passing in front of the gorgeous and suggestive Villa Giovanelli of Noventa Padovana; cruise to Padova with arrival to the historical 1500’s Burchiello’s Stairway at Portello, ancient river port in the historical centre of Padua, around 7.00 pm.
Included Services and E
- Entrance fees to the Villas are included
- The lunch will take place at the restaurant “Il Burchiello” in Oriago, a famous seafood restaurant of the “Buon Ricordo” circuit. There are two options:
– the € 22,00 “Casanova” lunch (optional- not included)
– the € 29,00 “Goldoni” full lunch (optional – not included)
- The transport of animals is not allowed, unless they are kept in a pet carrier.
- Luggage transport is not allowed, unless for small hand luggage, allowed upon request.
- The use of any photo materials inside the Villas is not allowed.
Riva degli Schiavoni, on the landing stage Pontile San Zaccaria, in front of the Pieta Church (Chiesa della Pieta )
Be the first to leave a review.