- View of the canyon and walk through the historic center
- Visit to the Casa Grotta, and its 1700s furnishings
- Walk in the Sasso Caveoso
- Location sites from the movies “The Passion of Christ” and “Wonder Woman”
Discover Matera, the town of “Sassi”(pebbles), UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a licensed tour guide. Explore the unusual and tupical architecture of the town walking through the streets. See location sites from the movies “The Passion of the Christ” and “Wonder Woman”.
The itinerary begins in Pascoli square, with a wonderful view of the Sasso Caveoso and the hill called Murgia. You will pass by the Palazzo Lanfranchi, house of the Museum of Medieval and Modern Art of Basilicata, and the nearby church of the Carmine.
The tour continues through the heart of the old buildings to the church of San Pietro Caveoso.
See a typical “Casa Grotta (Cave House)” excavated in the rock with its 1900’s rural furnishings.
You will pass near the cave church of Saint Lucia delle Malve and the tour continues to the Sasso Barisano following the ancient ravine.
Return to the town center and walk around the baroque area with a visit to the most important churches in this style: St. Clare and St. Francesco di Assisi.
End of the tour with the discovery of the Romanesque Cathedral.
- Casa Grotta Ticket (Typical house end of the 1900s) : 1,50 euro (optional)
- Rock church ticket (optional)
- Transportation/Pick up
Bologna Welcome Tourist information in Piazza Maggiore
Be the first to leave a review.